Monday, June 14, 2010

Still waiting...

*Please note- I wrote this post a few days ago, but forgot to publish it.*

So I've come to realize that foxes ARE just as clever and we think they are. Billy baited our trap with fox urine (gross!) and some tasty raw chicken. The trap has a spring-loaded trigger pan in the bottom that closes the door when the animal steps on it. What I've come to realize though, is that the fox must not weigh enough because in the morning, the chicken is gone, but our trap is empty. So, I've had to get creative!!!

Last night I actually crawled in the trap (I can't believe David didn't take a picture of this) and sewed the chicken to the bottom of the trap and the trigger pan. Hopefully this will cause the fox to have to stand on the trigger pan longer which will increase our odds of catching him.

Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I have been following your fox story!! And our favorite new show is The Exterminator!! We are just glued to the TV when we watch it. Keep me posted if your fox story is going to be on TV and I can tell everyone I knew her when!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete